- Susan Bates Silvalume Crochet Hook Set in Pouch Sizes F, G, H, I, J, K
- Red Heart E300.0256 Super Saver Economy Yarn, Carrot
- Red Heart E302B.0313 Super Saver Jumbo Yarn, Aran
- Red Heart E302B.0365 Super Saver Jumbo Yarn, Coffee
- PEPPERLONELY Brand 50PC Light Coffee 4 Hole Round Wood Buttons Scrapbooking Sewing Buttons 25mm (1 Inch)
- Susan Bates Crystallites Plastic Yarn Needle, 2-3/4-Inch, 2 Per Package – colors may vary
- Chain 12” in orange yarn with size J crochet hook and work even in half double crochet until piece measures 24” from beginning. Fasten off.
- Fold orange rectangle in half and sew along one side.
- Along the bottom edge opposite to your seam, join orange yarn and single crochet around. When you get to the edge, overlap ends by 3 stitches and sc through both layers. Continue in the round in single crochet or half double crochet for 2”.
- Change to brown yarn and single crochet in the round for 2”.
- Change back to orange yarn and single crochet in the round for 2”. Fasten off.
- To trim the front edge of the hood, join brown yarn and single crochet around for ½”.
Ears (Make 2 of each color):
- With J hook, Chain 12, sc across.
- 1 dec, single crochet to end.
- Rep Row 2 until one stitch remains. Fasten off.
- Make 2 off-white ears and 2 orange ears. Weave in the ends. Holding an off-white and orange ear together, single crochet in brown yarn around.
- Fold ears gently in half and sew to the sides of the hood.
- Attach 2 wood buttons to the front of the hood in the brown stripe.
Note: Everything is worked with size 10.5 needles in worsted weight yarn. Exact gauge is not important.
- Knit a 12” by 24” rectangle.
- Fold rectangle in half (to form a square) and stitch along the side next to the fold.
- Pick up stitches along the front of the hood with brown yarn and work in seed stitch until strip is approximately 1.5 inches from beginning. Bind off, then fold trim back and sew it down to the rest of the hood.
- Pick up stitches around bottom edge of the hood. Working back and forth, knit in seed stitch for 5 rows. Then, join and work in the round in seed stitch for another 2 inches. Switch to brown yarn and work in stockinette stitch for 2 inches, then switch back to orange yarn and work in seed stitch another 2 inches.
- Cast on 12 stitches. Knit 1 row
- k2tog, knit to end.
- Repeat Step 2 until only 2 stitches remain, then bind off.
Create 2 ears in orange and 2 ears in white, then stitch together with brown yarn and attach to the hood.