In honor of Disney’s live-action version of Cinderella coming out on March 13, I decided to make my own pair of Cinderella shoes. Several designers have come out with versions of the glass slipper. These can be seen here. I plan on stepping out in style when I see the movie. Here’s how I made them:
- I found these shoes for $5 at Goodwill. Color doesn’t matter, just shoe size and style.
- I gave them a light coat of Krylon Metallic silver spray paint. They looked amazing and shiny already!
- I bedazzled the heel with rhinestones. I bought the multipack at Michaels so that if I had a hole, then I had smaller rhinestones to fill it in. I used hot glue to adhere the gems. If I was going to wear them every day, I would use something stronger like E6000 or an epoxy glue.
- I added a blue bow to the front of the shoe (again with hot glue or something stronger). I wanted it to be reminiscent of Cinderella’s dress and I didn’t really like the open lattice on the front of my Goodwill shoes. I think a bow would have looked great at the back of the shoe also, just above the sparkly heel.
- They are finished! I’ll be wearing them when I go to see Cinderella in theaters!