This darling crochet fox was a birthday present for my friend’s one-year-old. His nursery is woodland-themed and I thought this cute little fox would be the perfect addition. This free crochet fox pattern is a Beginner+ level pattern and uses entirely single crochet in the round with increases and decreases to create shaping. Continue reading
I found this clutch at Target for $3 and knew that it was perfect for a quick DIY to add a personal touch. I had bought a needle felting kit and it had been buried in the craft stash for quite some time, so it wound up being the perfect match. I chose a simple design of hearts to decorate my felt clutch. It was a quick process, but very fun to jab some needles in order to create something simple and elegant. Continue reading
I’ve been saving up my scraps for a while and had enough to create three color-coordinated beanies with this pattern. Continue reading
As many of you probably know, I am a bit of a nerd. I love Marvel superhero movies, Jane Austen, and especially Star Wars. I consider them all epic stories that are pure entertainment from start to finish (yes, that is what Jane Austen novels and superhero movies have in common). So, for Star Wars Day I knew I had to do something to celebrate my love of the movies. Last year, I did a knitting pattern for an ewok hoodie and I’ve also transformed little Casper into a Darth Vader-loving, sweater-wearing heartthrob, but this year it is all about the light sabers.
This light saber case can be used for anything, but I thought it would work well for crochet afghan hooks and knitting needles. I have also provided the details needed to adapt the pattern into a plush toy that can be stuffed. Continue reading
I have been knitting and crocheting for a combined total of more than 27 years. Some years I worked harder on it than others, but I’ve always made time in life to sit down with a ball of yarn to create.
In that time, I’ve amassed quite a collection of yarn and tools. I have yarn under my bed, in three different storage ottomans, in boxes in the closet, and even hiding in a dresser drawer. Remnants get periodically cleaned out and made into my remnant beanies (post coming soon!) and the rest get neatly stacked and stored in every available container.
However, my tools are a different story. They are all stored in a clear, plastic toiletries case (yes, I said toiletries case) because it is easy to find items in a clear container and it has a nice zipper and handle for travel. Continue reading
“I learned to knit, but I just never got into it.” I hear this countless times while teaching knitting classes, or discussing hobbies with friends, but I have never understood how it could happen. How could someone have knitting needles in their hands and not feel that surge of happiness like I do? Continue reading
Introducing my newest crochet pattern–Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth Bennet! They are now available in my Etsy shop (you can find the link in the sidebar). And to celebrate this adorable pattern, I’m offering a special $2 off coupon code for blog readers.
Use code: BLOG2OFF
Travel to Regency England and the land of Pride and Prejudice with these crochet patterns for Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth Bennet.
Elizabeth Bennet has beautiful curls and an empire-waisted gown, while Mr. Darcy has a removable jacket and ribbon ascot.
Supply list is provided within the pattern. Pattern is considered easy+.
Happy 4th of July! I’m headed off to Grandma’s to light up some fireworks tonight, but I thought I’d share another awesome beanie pattern. Continue reading
- Susan Bates Silvalume Crochet Hook Set in Pouch Sizes F, G, H, I, J, K
- Red Heart E300.0256 Super Saver Economy Yarn, Carrot
- Red Heart E302B.0313 Super Saver Jumbo Yarn, Aran
- Red Heart E302B.0365 Super Saver Jumbo Yarn, Coffee
- PEPPERLONELY Brand 50PC Light Coffee 4 Hole Round Wood Buttons Scrapbooking Sewing Buttons 25mm (1 Inch)
- Susan Bates Crystallites Plastic Yarn Needle, 2-3/4-Inch, 2 Per Package – colors may vary
- Size 10 knitting needles (preferably 29″ circular needles to accomodate large amount of stitches)Takumi Velvet Circular Knitting Needles 29″ Size 10
- 1 skein of worsted weight yarn, I used Bernat Super Value 7 oz. yarn in Redwood Heather. Bulk Buy: Bernat Super Value Solid Yarn (3-Pack) Redwood Heather 164053-53522
- small amount of brown yarn, I used Red Heart E300.0365 Super Saver Economy Yarn, Coffee
- Crochet hook, J10; Susan Bates Silvalume Crochet Hook Set in Pouch Sizes F, G, H, I, J, K
- yarn needles Lion Brand Yarn Large-Eye Blunt Needles, Set of 6