I was so kindly nominated for the Liebster Blogger Award by Modern Day Mimzi, which is a blog for today’s grandparents. She does some amazing scripture cards and has great posts about everything from manners to RVing. There are some great blogs on her list as well (I am excited for Dutch Oven Daddy, which had tons of wonderful recipes to check out).
This award is for smaller blogs in order for them to gain more publicity and build a network. It is also for bloggers get to know other bloggers and nominate their favorites!
Here are the questions she passed along to me, so here goes:
- Where are you from? I am from Orange County, California, and have lived here all my life.
- What made you wanting to start blogging? I wanted to create and share projects that were wholly mine. I can share my projects, I can share pieces of my life, and I can share my creativity with others. I love that this blog is my little corner of the internet that I can transform into the embodiment of my creativity.
- How did you choose your niche? I didn’t choose the craft life, the craft life chose me! I have always been a really creative person and this seemed like the natural outlet for my creativity. I was always creating projects, but I wanted them to live on past their initial creation. Once I had given them away as gifts or put them away, I wanted to have a way to continue sharing them with others. My niche has also evolved from knitting and crochet patterns to creativity and crafting, so a niche is something that grows and evolves over time.
- How often do you post? Not enough! My goal is to post once a week, but I have fallen short of that a lot. I try not to pressure myself to meet deadlines, but instead let the posts develop organically.
- What advice would you give to new bloggers? View your blog as an expression of yourself and don’t stress about the details. When you are just starting out, you need to find your voice and develop your blog. Yes, you can start growing your audience and page views and stats from day one, but I encourage you to grow your love of blogging first and foremost. If you’re not in it for the love of blogging, then the effort will be excruciating to try to gain followers, email subscribers, and those cumbersome parts of the business.
- If you have Affiliate markets, how did you find them? I sought out my favorite companies and found out if they had affiliate programs.
- What ways do you use to try and gain followers? I try not to think too much about the numbers. Yes, I want them to grow, but I think that good content and promoting good content will always grow your blog. If you are making something that people want to read and explore, then the efforts will be natural. I’ve also been fortunate enough to connect with the artist community through my day job at Stampington & Company, so I know that a lot of fellow artists and crafters have found me through that.
I will now nominate 4 other blogs to the Liebster Award and you will need to answer the below questions and read the rules below.
- Where are you from?
- What made you wanting to start blogging?
- How did you choose your niche?
- What’s your favorite part of blogging?
- What advice would you give to new bloggers?
- Where would you like your blog to be in 5 years?
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
1. Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to them on your blog.
2. Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”.
(Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
3. Answer the questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. Provide random facts about yourself.
5. Nominate blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers.
6. Create a new list of questions for the nominees to answer.
7. List these rules in your post.
8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
For more information on this award and what to do next click here
Check out the recommended rules
You may browse nice images to display on your site here