- Size 10 knitting needles (preferably 29″ circular needles to accomodate large amount of stitches)Takumi Velvet Circular Knitting Needles 29″ Size 10
- 1 skein of worsted weight yarn, I used Bernat Super Value 7 oz. yarn in Redwood Heather. Bulk Buy: Bernat Super Value Solid Yarn (3-Pack) Redwood Heather 164053-53522
- small amount of brown yarn, I used Red Heart E300.0365 Super Saver Economy Yarn, Coffee
- Crochet hook, J10; Susan Bates Silvalume Crochet Hook Set in Pouch Sizes F, G, H, I, J, K
- yarn needles Lion Brand Yarn Large-Eye Blunt Needles, Set of 6
Gauge= 20 stitches by 10 rows makes a 5.25″ by 1.5″ rectangle, although gauge is not vital to this project.
Hood (make 1)
- With main yarn color, cast on 230 stitches.
- Knit 40 rows
- Cast off 60 stitches and knit to end of row
- Cast off 60 stitches and knit to end of row. You should now have two tails on either side of your working stitches.
- Knit 35 rows
- Bind off loosely.
- Fold hood in half, with one long tail on either side of the fold.
- Sew back seam of hood according to diagram
Ears (make 2)
- With crochet hook and brown yarn, chain 2.
- Single crochet 6 times into 1 single crochet to form a circle.
- Continue expanding the circle until diameter measures 4 inches across.
- Fold circle in half and sew sides together.
- Sew circles onto hood, sew top half at an angle backward until you reach the middle, then turn the ear and sew the rest at a front facing angle. this will create a C-shape for the ear’s base on the hood.
Finishing Detail: take some of the extra brown yarn and weave into front tails to make lacing detail.
There you have it! Your very own hood to fight the forest battles in Endor against the storm troopers.