Happy 4th of July! I’m headed off to Grandma’s to light up some fireworks tonight, but I thought I’d share another awesome beanie pattern.
- Boye Aluminum 6″ Crochet Hook: Size N
- Bernat Softee Chunky Yarn, Faded Denim
- Bernat Softee Chunky Yarn, Berry Red
- Bernat Softee Chunky Yarn, White
- Blumenthal Lansing Favorite Findings Basic Buttons Assorted Sizes, 130/Pkg, White
- Beginning with blue yarn and Size N crochet hook, make a magic loop and single crochet 6 times into it.
- increase in every stitch around
- *1sc, 1inc* around–12 stitches
- *2sc, 1inc* around–18 stitches
- *3sc, 1inc* around–24 stitches
- *4sc, 1inc* around–30 stitches
- *5sc, 1inc* around–36 stitches
- *6sc, 1inc* around–42 stitches
- Measure the diameter of your circle to ensure that it is at least 5.5″ wide (this will create an adult size beanie)
- Change to red yarn, sc around for 2 rounds
- Change to white yarn, sc around for 2 rounds
- Repeat Rounds 10 & 11 for striping pattern and continue until beanie fits your head (at least 7″ from magic loop when beanie is flattened)
- Fasten off.
- Finishing: sew shirt buttons to the top of the beanie in a random, scattered pattern. Weave in ends.
- For child’s size beanie: skip to striping pattern after round 6.